[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Cache new items doesn't download enclosures

  • From: "David Andrs" <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 17:30:37 -0700

It works this way:
- you set download options for the feed (cache images, html content,
enclosures with possible limit)

The option 'cache only new items' says what items will be downloaded
either only new items or all items. For those items, everything that
is checked in the feed settings is downloaded (e.i. images, html,
enclosures). This is a remnant from older versions.

For the next version, I plan to add better feed storing and pRSSreader
will download only new items by default. I quess no one is using
pRSSreader with this option turned off, because it just eats your time
when updating and you are interested mostly in new items, so the
caching of old items is not necessary on update. But the user will be
able to invoke the update of old items manually.