[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Cache Manager

  • From: "David Andrs" <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 15:28:16 +0200

Cache manager is intended to manage the cached content. The checkmark
says that the whole content is cached. If you uncheck the item and
close the manager, the unchecked content is purged. If you check some
item that was not previously cached, then the conetnt is cached when
you close the manager. Or you can clear whole cache with the Clear
button.

If you made an update, you can check its result in File | View Errors.
Maybe you can see error mesage that says 'Some file were not cached'.
If so, then you will not see the checkmark in cache manager.

If you have problems with caching, send me the feed URLs to allow me
the testing and posssible improving of pRSSreader. Without them I not
able to reproduce the problem and help you.

On 5/17/06, Keir Hardie <scatterbrain@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could someone explain the intended function and operation of the cache
manager?  I think this may help provide some insight into the cacheing
problems.  I notice, for instance, that although I have several feeds set to
cache only some of them have their checkboxes checked.  If I check another
and tap OK I will see 'cacheing - 17 remain... 16 remain..' etc until it is
completed, but when I check afterwards the stuff hasn't been checked.  This
is similar to sometimes during the normal update when I see it appear to be
downloading the HTML content but it doesn't seem to manage to cache it.

Keir

environment: desktop OS: WinXP SP2, firewall is on device: Acer n30 ActiveSync 3.8 pRSSreader v1.3.1 beta (installed in the SD card)