[prssr-devel-ml] Cache Manager

  • From: "Keir Hardie" <scatterbrain@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:34:16 +0100

Could someone explain the intended function and operation of the cache
manager?  I think this may help provide some insight into the cacheing
problems.  I notice, for instance, that although I have several feeds set to
cache only some of them have their checkboxes checked.  If I check another
and tap OK I will see 'cacheing - 17 remain... 16 remain..' etc until it is
completed, but when I check afterwards the stuff hasn't been checked.  This
is similar to sometimes during the normal update when I see it appear to be
downloading the HTML content but it doesn't seem to manage to cache it.

Keir

environment:

desktop OS: WinXP SP2, firewall is on

device: Acer n30
ActiveSync 3.8
pRSSreader v1.3.1 beta (installed in the SD card)