[prssr-devel-ml] Cache Is Massive

  • From: csgreeley@xxxxxxx (Chris Greeley)
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:03:06 +0000

I have been toying with the new release.  Things were running well until I
reloaded my feeds.  I've updated my .opml file and replaced it on the device.
Wanted to reload the feeds I Imported the .opml file and "wrote-over" the prior
feeds.  The PPC would work and work and work and then crash (my .opml file has
~300 feeds, although I wanted to only follow 40-50 of them on my PPC).  I then
erased all of the feeds on the device group by group (with some crashes in
between).  I went to clear out the cache on the SD and saw that it had >3,200
files on it. Nearly all were 0kb in size and represented "old" feeds.  After
manually erasing the Cache folder and replacing it, the .opml file loaded
without flaw.

Is this normal behavior of the cache folder.  I have "clear cache before
channel update" and "cache only new items" checked.

Thanks,
Chris
Nashville

Me: Sprint/PPC6700/WM5/pRSS1.3.2 beta2/run from 2G SD