[prssr-devel-ml] Re: Autoupdate

  • From: "Christopher Anderson" <lyon.anderson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 22:39:33 +0000

I think the reason it did not work is because I did not have the today item
active. Once that was active it started to update. Although the
services.exeprocess went to 10mb and I ran out of memory.
Looking forward to the next version, any ideas when it might be? (sorry to
ask I know you're busy)

On 21/01/07, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> The best way here is to wait for 1.3.3 beta5 and we will see what it does.
>
> --
> David
>
> Christopher Anderson wrote:
> > I am using 1.3.3 beta 4 and can see the service has started using the
> task
> > manager. I have set the refresh interal to 1 minute. If I connect the
> wifi
> > and leave the phone running I don't see any updates. I am using AKU 3.2if
> > that helps? Is there anymore information I can provide?
> >
> >
> > On 21/01/07, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Try 1.3.3 beta 4, but you may encounter some problems with starting the
> >> service after reboot. Or just wait for beta5, it is almost ready, but
> >> due to the lack of my free time it is not finished, yet :(
> >>
> >> --
> >> David
> >>
> >> Christopher Anderson wrote:
> >>> Do you have a version I can try out?
> >>> On 21/01/07, Christopher Anderson <cla97@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>>> Do you have a version I can try out?
> >>>>
> >>>> On 21/01/07, David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>>>> In 1.3.3 there will be background service which will do the
> periodical
> >>>>> updates without need of running pRSSreader. It should be working in
> >> the
> >>>>> latest beta, but it is not yet completely finished :(
> >>>>>
> >>>>> --
> >>>>> David
> >>>>>
> >>>>> Christopher Anderson wrote:
> >>>>>> Just a quick question.
> >>>>>> I've been writing some scripts using Skchema to synchronize my rss
> >>>>> feeds in
> >>>>>> the morning. One way I had done this was to invoke prssreader using
> >>>>> the
> >>>>>> /updateall parameter. This works if there is a wireless connection.
> >>>>> Most of
> >>>>>> the time there is, but occasionally it takes a while to connect so
> >>>>>> prssreader, rightly, reports an error. So I had the script invoke
> >>>>> prssreader
> >>>>>> a number of times at 1 minute intervals, to give the wireless
> >> sometime
> >>>>> to
> >>>>>> connect. Unfortunately, if an error has occurred then prssreader is
> >>>>> blocked
> >>>>>> with the error dialogue. So my final idea was just to set an update
> >>>>> interval
> >>>>>> of 1 minute and leave the device for 10 minutes in the hope that
> >>>>> eventually
> >>>>>> it would sync in that time. However, the auto update feature does
> not
> >>>>> seem
> >>>>>> to update, even when there is a connection.
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Sorry for such a long winded message, has anyone got any ideas?
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Cheers
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> Chris
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>> --
> >>>>>> pRSSreader development mailing list
> >>>>>> prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >>>>>> http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>>>
> >>>>> --
> >>>>> pRSSreader development mailing list
> >>>>> prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >>>>> http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>>>
> >>>
> >>> --
> >>> pRSSreader development mailing list
> >>> prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >>> http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml
> >>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >> --
> >> pRSSreader development mailing list
> >> prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> >> http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> > --
> > pRSSreader development mailing list
> > prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml
> >
> >
> >
> --
> pRSSreader development mailing list
> prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml
>
>
>


--
pRSSreader development mailing list
prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.freelists.org/archives/prssr-devel-ml


Other related posts: