[prssr-devel-ml] Application comes to foreground if sync on cradle is enabled

  • From: "Scott Bueffel" <scott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:44:59 -0800

David, if I have pRSS configured to sync when the device is cradled, the
application always starts and is brought to the foreground.  Is that how
you have it by design?  I would prefer that pRSS update in the
background only, and only launch the full app when I ask it to (from
today plugin or app shortcut).  Now that I am thinking about it, does
the background service run simply to watch for when to update, but
doesn't do the updating itself?  In other words, the background service
isn't what is doing the updating, but is merely a scheduling agent?  So
the full pRSS application has to be started to do an update?  If so, I
can now see why it is always coming to the foreground when cradling.
Perhaps an option can be to have it remain minimized when automatically
updating.  Thanks.

Scott