[prssr-devel-ml] AW: Re: AW: Re: pRSSr can't cache all content

  • From: "Zenker, Andre" <andre.zenker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 12:10:02 +0200

Hello,

I have the following problems when I use pRSS Reader 1.3.1 Beta1:

Enviroment:     Pocket PC IPAQ 2210 is connected via cradle
                The cradle is connected to a PC using a proxy to the internet.

                Check for new items every 1 hours.
                [x] automatically connect
                [x] check for new items when handheld inserted into cradle

Options Sites (Site Manager): in ALL sites

                Caching:        [x] Store images within items
                                [x] Cach content for offline browsing

                                [x] automatically cache enclosures

All enclosures, images and content are cached on a SD Card (enough memory free).

my problems:
- When I insert my device into the cradle and wait over 1 hour, pRSS Reader
(started) doesn't update my channel.
  (Update Channel (Tools Menu) is working)

- When I try "Update All Channels" from the Tools-Menu the channels are updated
BUT not all content is offline
  cached!
  -> doesn't cache some files (pics and etc.) inside some feeds  AND(!)
  -> doesn't cache some feeds at all

- When I read a message and tip on the header (Pocket IE opens) -> Pocket IE
try to connect to the internet
  (but still I think the message is offline cached)
  When I tip "Cancel" the login window appears continuously -> tip "Cancel"
again and again -> now I can read my
  message

Hope this can help to solve the bugs.

André