[prssr-devel-ml] Re: 2 Feature requests: Item flag button, cache flagged item contents

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:08:09 +0200

Joerg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'd like to request two features.
>
> Feature 1: A Button that is shown in an open feed item/message. It
> should show the current flag status of the item and change it when
> clicked upon. My suggested position would be right of the "Open News
> Item" button.
>
> Reason: I'm usually reading feeds continuously and am not always
> certain, whether I already flagged a message or not. A visual indication
> allowing to change this status would be a nice addition. Besides "tap
> and hold" isn't always easy when operating without the pen/pointer.
There is an indication to the left of the message title, which says if
the message is flagged or not (the thick vertical bar). But the button
in the bottom bar is a good idea (will apprear in 1.3.3).

> Feature 2:
> An option to cache the online message of flagged items. This might
> either cache all flagged items of all feeds or just the current one.
>
> Reason: I'm currently unable to read flagged messages online (subway
> doesn't have GSM coverage) so I'd like to have a way to get the online
> content cached onto my device, but only when I'm especially interested
> in the item.
>
> Does anyone second these ideas?
For now, you have to do:
- flag items,
- File | show Flagged Items,
- select all items,
- tap-and-hold and cache.

A feature that has high priority, because it is very wanted is so called
agregate view. This will be a view to all feeds or just to a selected
group. You will be able to see:
- all flagged items
- all new/read/unread items
- all items

And you will be able to do basic operations with them such as caching,
marking, flagging, etc.

Agreagte view will not appear in 1.3.3, but I will implement it ASAP.

> On a side note: I'd love to know whether my plea for an option to turn
> off the sequential reading feature ("Up/Down arrow moves to the
> previous/next message in sequential reading") is being considered.
http://pda.jasnapaka.com/prssr/releases/1.3.2.php#faq - FAQ #8? But it
does not completely return the old behaviour back. The identical old
behaviour will be available in 1.3.3 (already implemented in my devel
version).