[prssr-devel-ml] 2 Feature requests: Item flag button, cache flagged item contents

  • From: Joerg <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:04:04 +0200

Hi all,

I'd like to request two features.

Feature 1: A Button that is shown in an open feed item/message. It should show the current flag status of the item and change it when clicked upon. My suggested position would be right of the "Open News Item" button.

Reason: I'm usually reading feeds continuously and am not always certain, whether I already flagged a message or not. A visual indication allowing to change this status would be a nice addition. Besides "tap and hold" isn't always easy when operating without the pen/pointer.

Feature 2:
An option to cache the online message of flagged items. This might either cache all flagged items of all feeds or just the current one.

Reason: I'm currently unable to read flagged messages online (subway doesn't have GSM coverage) so I'd like to have a way to get the online content cached onto my device, but only when I'm especially interested in the item.

Does anyone second these ideas?

On a side note: I'd love to know whether my plea for an option to turn off the sequential reading feature ("Up/Down arrow moves to the previous/next message in sequential reading") is being considered.

Regards,
Jörg