[prssr-devel-ml] [1.4.0.5 request] Download of remaining images when aborting updates

  • From: Joerg <prss-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2008 10:55:16 +0100

Hi David,

I now have quite some items in my feed list, so updating sometimes takes
too long and I have to abort it. Unfortunately, none of the already
updated feeds have their in-item images cached. It is quite annoying to
go through all of them an manually cache the images.
Could you consider to implement one of these options?

1) Add a menu item to cache all images/enclosures in all items (of all
feeds). Basically this would be the extension of the "Cache" or
"Enclosure" menus to feeds or even globally. A place to do this might be
the "My Channels" view. This would also help in cases where the internet
connectivity is lost during updates and uncached images/enclosures remain.

2) Downloading of queued items (images, enclosures) even after the
update is canceled.

Best regards and thanks for the good work,
Jörg