[prssr-devel-ml] Re: 1.4.0.2 - Delay after reading an article

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 09:23:04 -0700

Stephen Houchen wrote:
> David,
>
>   Sometimes, when I click on "OK" after reading an item, there is a
> 10-15 second delay before going back to the list of items.  There
> appears to be network activity during this delay, but it is not possible
> to tell if pRSSreader is the source of the activity, of course.  Have
pRSSreader does nothing with network when getting back from article view
to feed view.

> you noticed this delay?  It doesn't happen very often. I think it seems
I have not noticed such the delay.

While you see a network activity, there might be another process that
does something and slows down pRSSreader. The article view is using HTML
control which uses parts of Pocket IE. So this might be the track. If
Pocket IE is running and displaying some page with JavaScript or
something, it might be the source where CPU time is getting lost. Just a
 thought. I'm not sure about that, but you can try to close the other
tasks and watch if this delay is there.