[prssr-devel-ml] Re: 1.3.3 beta1 Problem: No or very slow background loading

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 23:58:54 +0100

Joerg wrote:
> Hi,
> could you consider to extend the background loading process to the
> currently active feed folder (or group, I don't remember the name you
> use)?
> I understand the desire to save memory, so maybe you could add it as
> another registry tweak (e.g. "DWORD:Preload Coverage" : 1=Only current, 2=
> Next&Prev, 3=Current Folder, 4=Full). I'd rather have pRSSreader use up
> more memory than wait 10 seconds to over a minute for the larger feeds to
> load (e.g. a cached version of Slashdot or BoingBoing (full text) with 100
> items. I can provide you with the feed files for testing this).
I have just finished this for 1.3.3 beta3. You can test it after the
release (hope I can make it during this week).

The tweak is:
DWORD: Feed Preload
2 = Preload the next and the previous feed
3 = Preload feeds in the group (only on the current level, no nested
groups are preloaded)
4 = Preload all sites (starting from the current one)
Other = no preloading (i.e. load just the current feed)

Default behaviour is 2.