[prssr-devel-ml] Re: 1.3.3 beta 4

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 00:27:24 -0700

To clear things up. For HTTP proxy, I'm using 1.1 specification in both
1.3.2 and 1.3.3. If pRSSreader goes directly to he web it sends:
GET / HTTP/1.1
Host: <hostname>

If it goes via proxy, it send:
GET <full_url> HTTP/1.1
Host: <hostname>

the <full_url> was neccesary in 1.0 (AFAIK). I was debuging that with
squid (http proxy). Both version should use the same format. Sorry for
previous confusions.

Thomas M. Hofmann wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I thought you were using HTTP 1.1 only because on the preference page
> where you can override the proxy settings from connection manager you
> can only select HTTP 1.1.
>
> Anyway I understand that it is not easy to find the problem from your
> side. I already wanted to intercept the traffic using a local proxy on
> my desktop but had troubles with the connection over Active Sync. The
> idea was to compare the requests made by 1.3.3 with the one from 1.3.2.
> There must be a difference in the HTTP request.=20
Please do so and report the results. Perhaps we will figure out what is
going on here.

--
David