[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: David Davis <feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 15:58:09 +0100

yeah I know -
 But I thought the possibility of you losing your staff but not your
dagger was so remote that they can't ever have intended you to have a
choice of such a useless bonus, and thus reasoned either you must be able
to use it in combat as well as the staff, or the bonus was "magical" :)
 Which was probably clutching at straws. Or Klesaas., or something

 --
 http://www.feline1.co.uk

 On Wed 29/06/11 3:21 PM , John TFS johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx sent:
    The Jeweled Dagger was +1 CS.  For my part I never took it because
the Staff was a two-handed Weapon.  Thus, the only way you'd get any use
out of the Dagger would be if you'd somehow lost your Staff and still had
the Dagger, in which you'd be fighting at -5 CS instead of -6 CS.  For
that reason I always pick the Talisman of the Shianti.  The 2 point WP
bonus isn't that great, but the Talisman will at least help you with a
bonus to a couple of RNT picks.

-------------------------
 To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 09:44:48 +0100
 Subject: [projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)
 From: feline1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

 Indeed.
 Actually, this is why in the Grey Star books, when you have a choice of a
Jewelled Dagger (with +1CS ... or is it +2?) for your initial equipment,
 I always choose it and add the +2 when fighting, on the basis that I'm
using it *with* my staff,
 as it always struck me as absurd that you would have an item which only
gave you small CS bonus if you decided to fight without your staff, thus
automatically losing 6CS! Your mileage may vary :)

 --
 http://www.feline1.co.uk

 On Wed 29/06/11 3:35 AM , John TFS johntfs@xxxxxxxxxxx sent:
    Because it strikes me as absurd that Dever would create a bonus that
caters exclusively to those players who refuse to master the Bow at
Mentora level and beyond.