[projectaon] Re: Outstanding Errata Sprint (Week 6)

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:45:43 +0100

On 24/06/2011 08:28, Timothy Pederick wrote:
I'm seeing a fair bit of (what appears to me to be) arguing at
cross-purposes. Since people said last time that my summary of the
situation was helpful, I shall venture to do another one. This time,
I'll just lay out the arguments that I think have been seriously
proposed as people's preferred way of playing.

   1. The "Joe Dever got it wrong" argument.
          * All bonuses for having Grand Weaponmastery with Bow should
            be +5.
          * All instances of +3 (and that one /ad hoc/ +4) should be
            changed.
   2. The "Grand Weaponmastery is intentionally worse" argument.
          * The Grand Weaponmastery with Bow +3 is correct.
          * /Ad hoc/ +4 and +5 bonuses replace this.
          * +3 and +4 are worse than a loyal reader's +5, so the loyal
            reader gets to use their +5 at all times.
   3. The "Grand Weaponmastery is the same as Weaponmastery" argument.
          * Grand Weaponmastery with Bow +3 is correct.
          * /Ad hoc/ +4 and +5 bonuses replace this.
          * A loyal reader who got the Mentora +2 (which is a subtly
            different bonus) can add that to Grand Weaponmastery, giving
            them a +5 (or /ad hoc/ +6 or +7).

#3 all the way, as far as I'm concerned.

Regardless, the footnote (and, indeed, ALL non-image files) for Books 13-20 has been updated as per Jon's most recent comments. Can we agree that this is good enough and move on to something else now, please? :-p

<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml/lw/13tplor/footnotz.htm>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-less-simple/lw/13tplor/title.htm#footnotz>
<http://www.projectaon.org/test/en/xhtml-simple/lw/13tplor.htm#footnotz>