[projectaon] Re: Lone wolf

  • From: James Durrant <james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <remy@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 15:39:22 +0100

Hi Remy In that case, we can help :)  We have quite a few of these in progress
for different platforms - take a look at the forums & download pages for
examples: http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/Books (tools section)
http://projectaon.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=softwaresupport We are always
very happy to support development of new tools & ideas, subject to licensing
restrictions: http://www.projectaon.org/en/Main/License The key restrictions
are:You may not charge for the ssoftware (but can seek donations)All book
content MUST be hosted on the AON siteThe reader ("user") must be aware that
they are downloading the book from AON, and must be able to easily view & agree
to the license I understand that Joe is very interested to see these readers,
but does not get directly involved in them - he is a big supporter of
not-for-profit fan-made content. Let us know how you get on, and if we can help
further! JamesDate: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 18:27:25 +0400
From: remy@xxxxxxxx
To: james.durrant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [projectaon] Lone wolf

    Hi James

    It was about a software for reading the book. Just like if you had a
    Lone wolf book, but in your Ipad/android tablet.

    A live game would really not be the same, still an interesting
    project, but would need a bigger team to have an interesting result.

    I was interesting on developping a concept where the user can have
    an experience quite similar to the book, with original
    illustrations, text, and a specific screen for battle, inventory,
    taking notes... And maybe an opportunity to cheat, like we all did
    when we were young!

    Anyway, for now i'm making original "mini" games, with release
    planned for June and August for the second one, on android devices.

    Even if i can't have the licence, that's great to talk with you or
    maybe later with Joe about this project. That's a chance to help
    such a great universe as "Lone wolf" staying alive :)

    For now, let's stay in touch if you're ok. If you have some
    informations about "Lone wolf" and Joe's project for the video game
    licence, please give me a word about it :)

    Thanks a lot for your quick reply, i'm still impressed when people
    take time to answer so quickly to this kind of questions!

    Have a good day,

    Rémy

    Le 16/04/2012 17:55, James Durrant a écrit :

        Hi Remy

        I have a quick question here...

        Are you looking to develop a "live action" game based on the
        Lone Wolf world, or software to facilitate reading the books?

        In the former case, it may be possible to contact Joe about this
        (although there are faster ways than going through us, as we try
        not to overload Joe.)

        If it is for a "book reader" concept, we can help you out
        directly (as long as there is no direct payment for the
        software.)

        If you are looking for a commercial solution, we do know that
        the rights for most platforms have already been reserved for a
        commercial game - we don't know much more than that though in
        terms of who or what.  That's not to stop you from seeking
        contact - just to be aware.

        Let us know if we can help any further

        Thank you

        James

        > From: pamail.cgi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

          > To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

          > CC: remy@xxxxxxxx

          > Subject: [projectaon] Lone wolf

          > Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 10:33:12 -0700

          > The following was sent from the Project Aon contact form

          > From: remy remy@xxxxxxxx

          > Date: 17:33:12 on Sunday, April 15, 2012

          > Subject: Lone wolf

          > Hi,

          > My name is Remy Trolong, i'm an illustrator and game
          designer, now creating my own video game studio as an indie
          developer.

          > I was looking at a way to contact Joe Dever for talking
          about Lone wolf and if he thought about porting his universe
          on mobile devices.

          > I have read the french books! I'm a huge fan, and i was
          thinking it would be awesome to find it again now, and show it
          to our children...

          > Anyway, maybe you know how to contact him? Even if you
          don't, i was happy to find your website, this is a great
          project :)

          > I'm sorry if there are some mistake in grammar or else,
          i'm not a native english speaker :)

          > Thank you,

          > Rémy

          > NOTE: Please remember to "Reply to All" recipients. Thank
          you.

          //www.freelists.org/list/projectaon