[projectaon] Re: Freeway Warrior Update

  • From: Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 10:20:00 +0100

Iain Smith wrote:

I've gone through the XML for Highway Holocaust again, picking up on a few of the suggestions made in the wiki (I've left the ones which I think still need discussion for now). Any changes I've made have also been updated in the wiki to keep things consistent.

Excellent news!

I've just added two more, I'm afraid, but they're non-contentious and should be very straightforward:

||(ne) ||01hh ||22, 161: ||map [so: link to map]||

We do this in the LW books whenever the text tells Lone Wolf to consult the map, so we should do it in the FW books as well. Are there any other instances of this in 01hh (or even in Books 2-4)? I did a search for 'map' on the current Alpha release, and it occurs in all sections, probably as part of the xHTML code, so that didn't really help me! >_<

I've also taken the opportunity to correct some formatting issues in FW2 - FW4, along with making sweeping changes where required (one of the advantages of having the XML of all four books available at the same time).

Let me guess: you've added 100+ added footnotes about reducing the amount of ammunition in your Ammo Pouch? ;-) The editors really should have caught that before publication.

If I get time, I'll try writing some alt text for the puzzles. That should at least allow the visually impaired fans to enjoy the book when its released.

I couldn't remember if there were any for the FW books. All the ones in 01hh are simple text number puzzles, aren't they?