[projectaon] Re: Freeway Warrior Graphics

  • From: Jeff Dougan <jffdougan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 15:22:02 -0500

Iain Smith wrote:
Yesterday Jon forwarded me the original designs for the graphics intended for
use with
the Freeway Warrior books.  It was intended that the design differ from the
layout used
in the LoneWolf and Grey Star books.

The original file was this:

http://www.geocities.com/iainsmith/01-HH/title000.gif

I agree that the FW books could do with a more modern look and feel, however I
wasn't too
keen on the "clean metallic" look, I thought something more weathered would fit
in better
with the style of the books.  With that in mind I mocked up a representation of
what I
thougt would work better:

http://www.geocities.com/iainsmith/01-HH/title001.gif

Jon seemed to like it and thought I should forward it to the list to gather
further
opinions.  Again, it's just a concept at the moment, so there are rough edges
and
clipping issues, but it gives a resonable indication of my idea for the header
graphics.

Based on their current appearances, I's retool the background on image #1 to the color on image #2 and leave it at that.

JD