[projectaon] Re: Font substitutes

  • From: Ingo Kloecker <projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 22:51:09 +0200

On Thursday 14 September 2006 00:53, Iain Smith wrote:
> Is there a list of fonts supplied by the various linux distributions?

I think most distributions nowadays include the Bitstream Vera fonts,
i.e. Bitstream Vera Sans, Bitstream Vera Sans Mono and Bitstream Vera
Serif, although they might not be installed by default. I suggest to
just add "serif" to the list of font families. Then the browser will
use some serif font and hopefully this will be a good one. If not, then
it's up to the user to change it in the browser's configuration.

Regards,
Ingo