[projectaon] Re: Comment Period for Lone Wolf 1-7

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 08:01:30 -0700

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 1:49 AM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 08tjoh
>
> [3] (Section 1) Added "It is strongly advised that you do not discard it
> during this adventure."

It would have been better if they had told the reader not to discard
the Pass during this adventure. I think we need to keep this as a
footnote, but I suggest a change:

Original: "Many sections in the book assume that you haven’t discarded
the Pass. It is advisable that you don’t discard it during this
adventure."

Suggestion "Many sections in this book assume that you possess the
Pass, therefore you should not discard it during this adventure."

> [4] (Section 3) Added "(this is the correct answer to the riddle posed in
> Section 112)"
> [5] (Section 7) Added "(this is the correct answer to the riddle posed in
> Section 338)"
> [8] (Section 16) Added "(this is the correct answer to the riddle from
> Section 126)"
> [11] (Section 59) Added "(this is the correct answer to the riddle posed in
> Section 141)"

Leave them as footnotes.

> [7] (Section 13) Option 1 changed to "If you win the combat in six rounds or
> less, turn to 79." Option 2 revised to "If the combat lasts seven rounds or
> longer, do not continue with the combat but go immediately to 158."

If I've figured correctly, with Mongoose's revision, a player who
starts the series with this book, has an initial CS of 10, and chooses
an optimal set of Disciplines will have a 0.013% chance of success. So
it is now technically possible to succeed no matter what CS you start
with.

Such a player with 14-15 CS has something better than a 50% chance of
success, though I didn't figure the exact probability.

We could get rid of a very long footnote, although it pains me to see
it go: it was fun figuring it out. :)

> [9] (Section 28) Revised Options to be "4 or lower" and "5 or higher".

Revise text.

> [10] (Section 42) Added "If you are infected with the korovax bacillus, you
> may now use the Tincture of Oxydine to cure yourself."

We misspelled Oxydine in our footnote, and I don't like our
justification for saying that Oxydine shouldn't restore EP if you use
it to cure the baccillus. Seems like a pretty slim reason. Add our the
first sentence of our footnote parenthetically to the text. Drop the
rest.

> [13] (Section 76) Added "The monks of Talestria are infamous for their
> gluttony. Tales of their thirty-course meals and week-long banquets are well
> known throughout Magnamund. However, despite their voluminous robes, you
> cannot help but notice how emaciated these monks appear to be."

Revise the text.

> [14] (Section 86) Added "In this instance, 0 = 10."

Revise the text.

> [18] (Section 156) Added "(If you possess either the tincture or the herb,
> you may now use it to cure the Korovax infection.)"

Revise text.

> [20] (Section 202) Added "You are advised not to discard the Lodestone
> during this adventure unless you are forced to do so, or until you are given
> an explicit chance to do so."

This text seems out of character to me. Keep our footnote, but revise
it like the footnote in Section 1.