[projectaon] Re: Comment Period for Lone Wolf 1-7

  • From: Jonathan Blake <jonathan.blake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: projectaon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 16:59:38 -0700

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Simon Osborne <outspaced@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 06tkot
>
> (Section 2) Added "There is only one of each kind of potion available for
> purchase."

Change our footnote:

Current: "Remember that you are looking at individual jars and may
therefore purchase only one of each potion, should you decide to do
so."

Suggested: "Because these are individual jars, you may purchase only
one of each potion."

> (Section 26) Added "However, you may not gain bonuses from a Shield or any
> weapon other than a Bow. In this instance, Weaponmastery with Bow grants you
> the 3 COMBAT SKILL bonus points that Weaponmastery with mêlée weapons would
> normal [sic] give you (rather than adding 3 to each Random Number choice
> which would not work for the Combat Results Table)."

Leave as a footnote, but what did we mean by "Other restrictions may
apply, depending on your interpretation of the rules."?

> (Section 26) Added "If you are using the Jakan and pick a 0 from the Random
> Number Table at any time, turn immediately to 335." as the first Option.

Leave as a footnote.

> (Section 56) Added "(0 = 10)"

Mention this fact in our footnote.

> (Section 201) Replaced Option 2 with "If you win the combat after 4 rounds
> or more, turn to 87."

I'm starting to rethink some of my suggestions for previous books.
Since we have made a definitive statement in the footnote, perhaps we
should make this kind of change that doesn't significantly alter the
original text given the added weight of Mongoose's changes.

> (Section 232) Alter second Option to "If you decide to eat a Meal from your
> Backpack, erase it now from your Action Chart before you head towards your
> room. To continue, turn to 219."

Leave it as a footnote.

> (Section 252) Replaced "Enter it in the ‘Weapons’ section of your Action
> Chart as a Silver Oak Bow and make a note of its particular property." with
> "Enter it in the ‘Special Items’ section of your Action Chart as the 'Silver
> Bow of Duadon' and make a note of its unique bonus. The 3-point bonus to
> your Random Number choices when using this Bow can be added to the 3-point
> bonus you may already gain from having Weaponmastery with Bow. This will
> give you a very useful +6 points. As with the bonus for Weaponmastery with
> Bow, you may only add this bonus when determining the success of a Bow
> shot."

Leave it as a footnote.

> (Section 270) Added "If possess [sic] the Sommerswerd, you may double all
> ENDURANCE point losses inflicted upon your enemy."

This wording could set a far-reaching precedent if mere possession of
the Sommerswerd doubles damage to undead.

Leave it as a footnote.

> (Section 298) Replaced "Also, if at any time you should pick a 0 from the
> Random Number Table when using the bow, the Jakan will break." with "If,
> during the seond part of the tournament, you should pick a 0 from the Random
> Number Table when using this Jakan, it means that the bow has snapped in
> two."

Leave it as a footnote.

> (Section 340) Added "In this instance, the Weaponmastery with Bow bonus is
> added just once to the final total of your three picks and not to each
> individual pick."

Leave it as a footnote.