[project1dev] Re: "world" themes, intro thoughts

  • From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:52:14 -0700

I like the idea of having the beginning of the game helping to determine the
type of character you are. I think most games that try fail in this area. I
think it needs to be done in a way that is not repetitive or boring and
feels as if your choices actually matter. If beating the trial dungeon just
modifies your stats and isn't very fun then a quick and easy creation screen
may be a  better choice. Eric I would like to see some of your ideas as a
starting point.

I also like the starting pet or team mate idea. Would this be in addition to
the other character(s) you can have or would your pet be one that you
replaced?