[project1dev] "world" themes, intro thoughts

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:03:07 -0400

Alan, i hadn't originally intended each world to be it's own theme but now
that you put that idea out there, i think it would be neat and give us a
general guide on what to do...  plus when the world combines we could write
a lot of neat things that happened when the culture clash of worlds occured
when the barrier falls...

for example, people in the desert/sand world (egyptianesque theme?) would
have NEVER seen ice, or forests or oceans, etc.  a lot of neat possibilities
there.

Also, i've been re-thinking the intro/character creation stuff, just from a
build standpoint.  I still want to do something where your actions define
your character but i think we'd be better off w/ smaller zones (and maybe
more than just 3 random ones) but keep them short and sweet rather than long
and protracted... just a brief foray into existential situations rather than
a large place to explore...

also I found some of the earlier versions of the intro that we had talked
about a couple months ago and those were shorter and more to the point.

-eric