[project1dev] Re: takin a stab at what's left

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:24:23 -0700

ok here it is broken up by type (some are a lil grey whether it's art or
design).  after we get this on the wiki we'll be able to "call dibs" on
tasks and have a way to mark em off when they are done and stuff.

it should be a nice way to keep everyone in the loop about whats done, what
is left, what the goals are, etc (:

==============The Void==============

-----art-----
* art and animation for the old man (we have temp art to use)
* wagon to go next to the tent (Katie is working on this so we are good
there!)
* the asteroid that the temple enterance is going to go on.
* the temple enterance itself
* a bridge across from one asteroid to another? or are we going to use the
wooden plank we have for the other bridge?
* do we need any more decoration for this area or is it ok as is? (we can
always do more art passes later if we change our mind).  Decoration could
also include props floating in the distance of the void
* hows the lighting, is it ok as is?

-----design-----
* figure out whats going to happen after you float down and the old man
talks to you.  Is it going to work as is?
dialog for old man
* connect the temple to the void map in script so you can go from one to the
other
* final pollish pass to iron out any rough places

==============Fortune Teller Tent==============

-----art-----
* do we need any more decoration for in the tent?
* is the lighting ok as is?

-----design-----
* Fortune teller dialog needs to be figured out
* while talking to the fortune teller is anything going to happen with the
camera (for instance are we going to go first person?  We could afford to in
the tent since it's a simple environment)
* what are we going to do for the hacking the robot thing.  Maybe Kent could
just try and make some kind of game that's appropriate?  Ie you walk behind
the robot and press the "use" button and a 2d puzzle minigame pops up where
if you solve it.. what happens?
* final pollish pass to iron out any rough places

==============The Temple==============

-----art-----
* we need to replace the temp art walls / floors with better looking walls
and floors.
* need some kind of background (other than the sky blue emptyness hehe.
maybe just black would be ok)
* figure out lighting after decoration

-----design-----
* we need to hook the parts of the temple together (i think theres 3 parts
right?  the maze, the basement, the main floor?)
* is the temple too big?  we can see about trimming it back if it is
* i think once we start decorating we'll be able to see more what needs to
be done (like any modeling or animation... or like that "red" door in the
maze, maybe when you get near it, it rumbles and sinks into the ground).
* final pollish etc :P

==============Boss Chamber (beast fight)==============

-----art-----
* room art (need design first obviously!)
* boss art (same)

-----design-----
* connect to the temple (or wherever it's connected to - is it connected
from the void?)
* boss monster
* build room / design encounter

not needed for this milestone but still on our radar!

#1 - more animation system upgrades, converting our game to using shaders
#2 - Getting sound and music support in (and sound and music itself in!)
#3 - start working on the server side stuff for our minigames / website
integration
#4 - actionscript version of our minigames