[project1dev] Re: shadows

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 03:12:34 -0700

This sounds pretty good Alan.  I think we'd benefit a lot from being
able to change the texture of shadows, esp that blur you mention.

This is a bit off topic, but have you ever seen the level editor from
Valve?  It's called Hammer and they use it for all of the games that
have the source engine.  I have been toying with it a bit lately and I
think it's awesome, maybe you can get some inspiration for our editor
from it.  It's basically a combination of Milkshape and Photoshop,
simplified enough to be good at making levels.  You actually make
models within the program using brushes and then assign textures on
the fly.