[project1dev] Re: scenario ideas

  • From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:31:35 -0700

I agree with you Alan. I think these intro scenarios should be based off
choices and skills not random combat. I think it's ok to be able to lose or
die as long as there is a worthy trade off for it. I like Eric's idea of
having the void man explain to you that all choices are ok. He could even
hint at what you gained or loss because of the choices you made.

Although, there could be one scenario that is mainly combat driven. This
scenario could lead to giving you bonus moves in combat. Perhaps there could
be an entire scenario about fighting in an arena or something to that
extent.

I agree that the intro tutorial should not be losable and should not impose
a feeling or desire to reroll.