[project1dev] Re: scenario ideas

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:23:08 -0700

Would this one be combat heavy but the others aren't?

I figured it would be more about choices you made defining your character.
It seems like it should be the choices that matter and not combat.

I personally think we should stay away from letting you be able to die in
the scenarios unless of course it is for a really specific thing, like
cunning where you are a white mage vs a lich and you have to cast resurect
on him to kill him, otherwise you are screwed.

If we make it so you can die in regular combat and that changes the outcome
of the scenarios, i think we will get the "oh crap i gotta reroll" effect
going on because in combat sometimes you win sometimes you lose, there is
skill involved but also luck.