[project1dev] scenario ideas

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:47:28 -0400

just adding a couple more basic intro scenario ideas i had to see what you
guys thought (and if you guys have any, please feel free to share!)

1.  The Explorer - this scenario is inspired by the death of Magellen at the
hands of natives in the battle of Mactan as well as the scene in "The
Fountain" in the beginning where Ponce de Leon is fighting through the
aztecs trying to reach the fountain of youth.  I love the classic explorer
and native stuff (also indiana jones...) and think an awesome scenario would
be an explorer landing his boat at the edge of a river and exploring a
little jungle area and getting attacked by natives.

Here's how I see it playing out, you actively control a boat down a river
until you read a dead end of sorts (like maybe you go over a water fall or
hit some rocks), you get out and explore a little jungle area (maybe a
couple wild animal enemies) and stumble upon a small native camp.  They
attack forcing the character to flee (as little cut scenes as possible, id
like to lead the character where we want them but leave the active control
in their hands) and he enters a small cave which is a shrine for the natives
(the natives stop outside the shrine because its a sacred area) - once
inside its an indiana jones-esque collection of puzzles and dangers
ultimately leading (assuming you survive!) to some sort of treasure and an
exit to safety.

effects of this scenario would be adding to things like treasure
hunting/avarice, possibly helping charisma (maybe you can make friends with
the natives rather than fight them) some combat-ish stuff, obviously a lot
of action stuff like survivng traps and figuring out puzzles, etc.