[project1dev] Re: scenario ideas

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 14:33:34 -0400

probably a hybrid of both... i forget if it was just me and alan discussing
this or if it was a public conversation but here was my thought on it...

ok so there will be a few mini scenarios that seem existential and unrelated
in nature that basically test the player's personality, are they greedy?
helpful? do they follow directions? do they think their way through problems
or fight their way through?  etc.

there will be a few scenarios (i think this depends on how cool the first
couple of ones turn out or if we decide this is 100% the way to do it... in
my mind there is up to 10 or so.... but maybe less, depends on a lot of
factors) for the sake of example lets say there are 6.

the player will play through 3 of the 6 in random order,  the way they work
is that the player takes possession of a character in the scenario and will
have to complete it... some examples might be a prisoner locked up and you
have to escape, or a princess who has to decide which prince to marry, or a
warlord who has to decide whether to burn a city he has conquered, etc. the
player's actions in the scenarios will go into figuring out the perks
and basic stats, as well as possibly gaining a sidekick in the scenario, or
special perks, or the potential to use magic...

furthermore, the player THINKS these are unrelated scenarios with no bearing
on the game... not so, their decisions in the scenarios actually affect the
story of the game... maybe later on you run into the escaped prisoner, or
you stumble upon a burnt down town, or you meet a queen who is married to a
vile tyrant - all things that the player unknowingly affected.  i think this
would be really neat :) plus it adds replayability... i think by having
these types of things w/ the customized character and various methods of
getting through levels, etc... it gives each person their own experience in
the game and invites them to play the game over again using different styles
and methods...

plus the scenarios will be fun and let us explore some diverse
situations/environments/characters