[project1dev] Re: scenario ideas

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:03:35 -0400

"Cause like, remember when playin GS you would have to reroll your character
for hours to get the perfect character for what you wanted?  That was gay...

With a deterministic system, there is a way to get the right perks to be an
awesome pure magic wizard, but you just have to discover what they are.
That is instead of just re-creating a character a bunch of times til you
randomly get the right scenarios and make the right decisions"

totally alan... basically i think its great if the stats don't have a HUGE
influence on the game but mostly its about perks and skills that you find
work for you via trial and error and just kinda making it on your own... i
like everyone sort of evolving on their own.

for example, in gemstone or diablo 2 you basically plotted out your future
from the beginning to make sure you had the maximum effectiveness in the
future... that is lame and unrealistic, IMO because in real life, you adapt
and change and grow and the more mistakes you make the better because you
learn from them.  the gemstone/diablo2 system PUNISHED you for making
mistakes or for trying out new things by eventually making your character
unviable... hopefully we will make it so everyone can be viable and have fun
with their character even if they have major flaws or made major mistakes...