[project1dev] Re: scaling objects

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:26:48 -0800

yeah its just nicer for the map builders if models are to the appropriate
scale.

This does save a little work by not having map builders have to scale them
in the editor, but the real issue is that map builders have to guess what
size you intended the object to be if it isn't to scale.

If they have to guess they may make it bigger than you intended, which could
make the textures look uglier, or they could make it smaller than you
intended.  Either way, they have to guess what your intentions for the
object are and will probably not get it how you envisioned it.

You could tell them the right size, but just having the model the right size
to begin with removes all doubt (: