[project1dev] Re: roman gladiator

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 10:09:41 -0700

Hey, this would be a neat place for the faction system...

#1 - if you got sold into slavery and became a gladiator, and earned your
freedom, whenever you talked to gaurds etc at the colloseum they could say
"Welcome champion!" and treat you w/ respect.

#2 - if you often bet a lot of money at the colloseum, your rep w/ them
could go up and they'd treat you w/ respect and call you lord or something.
Maybe if your score was over a certain amount youd get access to a VIP
section and have your own seating area or something hehe.

#3 - If you got sold into slavery and became a gladiator and escaped, maybe
they try to re-capture you on sight

#4 - maybe when you earned your freedom you killed their beloved champion
instead of accepting a draw.  If you do this, maybe they tolerate your
presence but treat you with disdain.

(as another example of how we could use the faction system)