[project1dev] repost about camera

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 08:49:44 -0700

Not sure why but Eric's friend Chris, your msg got bounced from the list
(??) so reposting :P

Can this issue be resolved with the use of smart shaders? If I'm not
mistaken can't certain shaders work with line of sight cameras (ie user
controlled, non-static) to fade out as the user focuses the camera. An
example of this can be seen in titans quest, if anybody has played it they
will know what I mean. Anyway that's just my two cents, I dunno what the
engine will support.

and replyin:

I hadn't ever played or heard of titan's quest but it actually looks pretty
awesome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0PCH5OUxS4

I see what you mean w/ the camera thing.  That's pretty neat and yeah does
look like something that could be done w/ a shader.  Since the player is in
the center of the screen I wonder if it's just something like... any faces
that are higher in elevation than the player that get too close to the
center of the screen just fade to semi transparent.

Their editor is pretty sweet looking too :P