[project1dev] Re: quick note on design stuff

  • From: Chris Riccobono <crysalim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 17:16:30 -0700

The only thing I would recommend is that you keep all of your design
ideas in documents backed up on your comp - just in case you want to
review things later.  It is tough to backtrack through the mail list.
Don't worry about posting too many ideas, like Alan said, it is better
to have too many than too little.

Once the wiki is up, you could probably do something along the lines
of posting a WIP page, what things you're currently working on, what's
in store for the future, etc.  You could also organize the design docs
better with a main page linked to smaller articles based on ideas and
area.

I personally archive every idea I make in notes on my own comp so I
can look at them later and decide if I still like them.  It's a good
way to test - if I still like the idea later, I know it's a keeper to
me and I'll flesh it out more when the time comes.  I used to do this
with areas, trying to brainstorm paths and layouts first so that when
it came to building time, I could just focus on that without worrying
about other stuff.