[project1dev] Re: pirate dice via the web

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:28:01 -0800

Sorry nick but that isn't true:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application_programming_interface

basically an API is a set of functions to do something, but it doesn't
specify at all how the inside guts of the code work.

It's just laying down the specifics of how you talk to something from a
program basically.

I made up our API and any of those languages will be able to talk to it fine
cause it'll work from any language that can manipulate bytes (to be able to
encrypt and decrypt) and do an http request (to actually talk to the
server).

Hope this clears some stuff up!