[project1dev] Re: pirate dice via the web

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:47:19 -0800

oh plus if we go php route for the game, that means that it'll take a page
refresh to update the game (which sucks... it's not an interactive game then
really).

that is true, unless we use javascript and do some AJAX type stuff.

But then, it's really fragile and won't work the same on all browsers (and
if people have malware it will break it and cause weird errors).

The neat thing about actionscript as a platform is that actionscript is
developed my a specific company so when actionscript runs, it runs the same
on all computers, there isnt alot to worry about with different browsers and
different browser versions.

Strangely though, java is in a similar boat to actionscript, except that it
DOES have a lot of browser specific problems so thats why you see the vast
majority of web games done in actionscript, not java or ajax (javascript) or
anything else.