[project1dev] Re: party members/characters

  • From: figarus@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 21:46:03 +0000

I think basically the beginning will be like training wheels and it'll be a
little linear as far as story progression goes but once the worlds merge or
whatnot the main bulk of the game will be exploration and non-linear story arcs
you basically discover... It will be a delicate balance between (and I think a
lot of games totally fail at this) letting the player explore and find
adventure on their own and being totally lost on what to do next...  I think
that there is a way and we will strive to do this to make it feel completely
free flowing with the player in control of their own destiny but we will lead
them with subtle tugs.  Think about marge waiting for homer at the light house
cuz springfield slopes downhill and homer likes bright lights... :P haha

I don't know if I am being clear w/ this but I think as long as we have strong
interesting characters, awesome stuff to find and a detailed world to explore
we will be able to engage the player and allow the experience of the game to
sweep them away.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile