[project1dev] Re: party members/characters

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:15:19 -0700

Yeah it seems like alot of previous games are either open ended like
oblivion or on rails (albeit good rails sometimes!)

Chrono Trigger and FF3 both had tons of side optional stuff you could do,
which maybe is what sets them apart.

Our game it seems is kind of going to be purely the side optional stuff and
longer chains of that optional stuff that affect / are affected by your
reputation / choice scoring.

It seems like it'll be guided open endedness which seems like it will be
kind of a new experience for gamers.

I think it'll be good, I have faith in Eric's master plan (: