[project1dev] Re: [offtopic] Game theory TOP 5 GAMES

  • From: CiD <screamingdazeez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 00:52:29 -0800 (PST)

Top 5 RPGs in no particular order because it would be too hard to choose:

-Mass Effect Trilogy - Yeah, I know the 3rd hasn't been released, but this is
Bioware we're talking about.  These guys know how to tell a story cinematically
better than anyone in the business.  The first 2 made me feel like I was saving
the galaxy and making a difference and they did it in style.  So many great
dialogue quotes, fun action oriented combat, and a company that listens to it's
fans about what they didn't like to change or remove it in the sequel.

-Chrono Trigger - I've never been a fan of the Final Fantasy series so for a
Squaresoft (pre-Enix) game to tell the tale of time and catch my interest I was
surprised.  This thing even holds up to today's standards and it's 16 bit!
I'll never forget the opening sequence: "Chrono.  Chrono?  Wake up, Chrono!"

-Fallout 1 and 2 - Humor in a post apocalyptic world with lightning striking
twice = GOLD!

-Planescape: Torment - Black Isle's masterpiece before shutting down.  Nothing
is more philosophical than this gem.  Socrates himself would have died a
thousand deaths, each time waking up in a dustman morgue, only to die a
thousand more pondering the intricacies of this D&D universe.

-Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic - Bioware again?!  Somebody should buy
these guys already (*wink wink* EA)!  A large portion of the greatest fan base
in existence believes this original Xbox/PC title re-energized the legendary
saga after the atrocity of the prequel trilogy disaster.  So good it's being
made into an MMORPG.