[project1dev] Re: [offtopic] Game theory

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2010 13:13:07 -0800

i think an emersive story that keeps your interest is what i look for most
in an RPG

my fav game of recent times i think is fable2, although there was a lot of
open endedness to it too besides a general storyline you followed.

i really liked the atmosphere of that game and i think when people really
have a good vision and really enjoy the game they are making that it shines
through.  especially in small details that you don't really *need* to do,
but that you want to to make it better.  hard to explain what i mean but i
think when developers are really into the game they are making that you can
tell and it makes it a lot better (:

there was that movie not too long ago about the guy who aged in reverse.  In
that movie this lady told him regarding music: "it doesnt matter what you
play, but how you feel about it that makes it sound good or not".

I think the same is true of any creative endeavor, and that the best games
are those that you can tell the developers really believed in (: