[project1dev] Re: new pirate dice UI

  • From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 09:28:51 -0700

Interesting. I think this new method sounds pretty solid as well.

I am all for simplifying the game. I think the best games are the most
simple. Easy to play, hard to master.

So to change the game from how it is to the new model we would.
1) make 3 dice visible and 3 hiddden dice per player, first round starts
with 3 visible dice rolled and 1 hidden dice
2) remove raising
3) set an ante amount that is paid every round

If players still state what they have in their hand to stay in the game and
call you would need to state that you have a greater than or equal hand than
the person who called before you right?

I see your point on bluffing mechanics it is probably best to go without for
now. I could see it potentially working in a 2v2 version of pirate dice.