[project1dev] Re: new monkey island games

  • From: figarus@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:29:48 +0000

I kinda liked the movies :P but yeah, they were clearly derivative of monkey
island (particularly the first two) they should have thanked the monkey island
devs for the inspiration.  I actually am bummed cuz any MI movie that comes out
will have to avoid a lot of the things pirates of the carribean stole otherwise
THEY will be labeled cheap rip offs (lol)

Screw you disney!
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, June 15, 2009, 2:19 PM

Speaking of Monkey Island and Disney. I once read somewhere that Pirates of the
Caribbean 2 and 3's story were ripped straight from Monkey Island. The Monkey
Island creator was all upset because they gayed up his vision and didn't give
him credit.

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i watched a youtube interview w/ the original game designer of monkey island

basically he had a storyline setup (there was an actual secret of monkey island
and the secret was going to be revealed) and i forget why but he no longer
works with those guys and they kinda went off on their own path without him.

kind of like disney gaying up every story they can til the original is long
forgotten.

booo

On Mon, Jun 15, 2009 at 2:13 PM, Matthew Morgan <MMorgan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That’s whack=-/