[project1dev] Re: networking pirate dice woes

  • From: Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:11:46 -0800

Ok, so ultimately, I want to add networking to pirate dice.

First, should I try getting a networking script working on its own? At first
I was just trying to add the code to pirate dice. Pirate Dice's code can get
a little confusing especially when it comes to the starting initization code
(because it does it 2x!?). So this whole thing got really confusing really
quickly.

Then, I was trying to make something simple like you log on and it tells
you, you log on but I just couldn't piece together the info. I guess a
little step by step guide would be more helpful? Like you need to login,
create a game server, connect to the server, send message, receive message
(even if its just a variable) but when it comes to coding it I keep getting
confused.

I think... I'm still just confused