[project1dev] Re: neat document on player interaction

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2010 10:23:00 -0500

hey i didn't actually read the article because it was blocked at work, but i
would say im more a combo of explorer/socializer than anything else.  i like
fighting people but only if it is all in good fun, I don't really enjoy it
if I'm ruining the gaming experience for other people so I don't know how
much i could classify myself as a killer.  As far as "achiever" goes, in
gemstone my character had the bare minimum of equipment and i preferred to
use off the shelf stuff and i really enjoyed just kinda going on adventures
more than any real goal.

just thinking outloud, but the reason i enjoy these games is basically the
same reason I enjoy watching sports.  most of the time it is just "same old,
same old" but occasionally there is an opportunity for something totally
epic and amazing to happen, something completely unplanned where someone (in
video games... hopefully me or a comrade!) rises to a challenge and totally
dominates against the odds.  maybe it's combat, maybe its finding something
totally new and mysterious, but yeah, what i love is the unexpected magical
moments.  When I refer to "adventures" that's what i refer to, when a
seemingly simple journey (irl, or elsewhere) takes an unpredictable turn.