[project1dev] Re: multiplayer

  • From: figarus@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 17:00:56 +0000

I think we should find a way to make multiplayer work w/ out having to script
everything twice, seems like a total pain and would drag heavily on our
scripters resources.

I just don't know if our game iis conducive to multiplayer for the main game,
seems like a lot of work and potential headaches...

That said, I think the golden saucer esque game area where ppl could socialize,
gamble, play minigames, etc would be awesome and maybe all we really needed :)
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

#1 I find that you me n Eric have a lot of similar ideas. I think we will
make some great games together.

#2 well, we could but like you said we just need to start now. It wouldn't
be VERY difficult. Only, all of the main game's required paths would need to
be designed for 2 people and for 1 person. You could have caves that are
secret to single player and secret to multiplayer. It would definitely take
extra planning and a lot of extra QA testing to ensure nothing breaks.

Let's say we were going to use the cave as an example. We could have it so
the path behind the boss that goes up is currently blocked. Then we could
have it so both players need to be in the big room before the boss will
rush. He can even rush out from a separate room so you can't engage him
first. When the boss ambushes teh players the way in could cave in
trappingboth players in the main room with the boss. Whichever player gets
hit by the ambush would automatically engage in combat. The second player
would then join combat by walking into it. If the second player did not want
to help they wouldn't have to but there would be nothing else for him to do.

#3 ??