[project1dev] Re: multiplayer

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 09:29:31 -0700

#1 and #3 make sense (:

For #2 would you want to build and script twice as much stuff... one for
single player and one for multiplayer?  And then you'd have to test both to
make sure they work ok and that there wasn't a typo (like an extra 0 added
onto how much rep you get for completing the multiplayer quest vs the
single).

Duplicated effort tends to have a lot of bugs in it because of human error
(thats why people make functions instead of copy / pasting code).

Seems like we'd introduce a lot of bugs and have to do double the work going
that way, but it is a pretty good idea as a solution to the problem.  Like
for instance maybe we could only have 2 versions where it mattered.  So for
most of the game it's all the same stuff but in caves where there are
puzzles etc they change whether you are single or multiplayer.  I'd still be
weary about the extra bugs it would for sure create.

From a technical standpoint i really agree w/ you on the last point, i like
the idea of limited / specialized multiplayer (: