[project1dev] Re: multiplayer

  • From: "Chris Sherman" <cshermandesign@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:33:31 +0000

I more or less like the idea of the arena, so we don't have to make everything
multiplayer. Experience should be significantly harder to get in the arena
(prevent cheating) and no gold should be gained from sac and loot. But gold
could be gained from betting on creature fights or other players
Sent from my BlackBerry

#1) how would combat work... if you are walking around and your buddy is
too, and he gets into a fight, do you automatically get tossed into that
fight to?  what happens?

#2) if we allow multiplayer, we'd have to design all caves and dungeons to
work with multiplayer.  What i mean is we couldn't have any puzzles or
things which were designed for single player.  IE if you have something like
you have to push a boulder from upstairs into a pit, it falls downstairs,
you roll it onto the switch and you can get into another room, we can't do
that cause in multiplayer, the 2nd player could just stand on the switch and
let you through etc.

#3) what happens when your buddy enters a different room while you are
walking around in the 1st room or like exploring it... do you get teleported
into the other room automatically?