[project1dev] multiplayer

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 20:04:47 -0700

Hey so before we started makin this game, Eric was saying it would be really
neat if we could support multiplayer.

We've talked a little bit about it randomly (like the possibility of being
able to play mini games against other people online or other stuff...) but
it's been kind of hard figuring out how FULL ON multiplayer would work in
our game.  A big part of the hurdle for me has been figuring out how to do
the combat in multiplayer (since it goes to a seperate screen... would the
other player go into that screen too or...?)

Anyhow, I personally can't figure out a good way but I wanted to open it up
to everyone else before we said "bah forget it"

Eric has had some ideas about this such as the players having to stay within
a screen length of eachother, and when one person goes into combat they both
go into combat and control their own characters.

What do you guys think... can multiplayer work for a game like ours?