[project1dev] Re: milestone 2 info

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 23:15:32 -0700

Lots of stuff but it'll be different type of stuff than in the cave (:

for the intro part where the ball floats down, i'm going to code it so you can
1) set the player's model
2) control the camera's position and orientation
3) turn on and off player input

so you'll be scripting the puff ball floating down, and the camera
following it (and whatever else is happening in the background... you
might be scripting stuff to fly around in the void too)

You'll be controlling all the dialog stuff, like when a dialog window
should pop up, and if we have any "cinematics" you'll be scripting the
people walking around as they are talking and things.

There will probably be effects like maybe the islands in the void
slowly bob up and down (can be done really nicely using sin()!) or
when you go fight the beast maybe the gate drops closed behind you.

stuff like that (:

Basically as much stuff as possible is going to be scripted, I just
want to make sure and give you all the tools you need while working on
the engine some more and upgrading the editor and stuff

what do you think?