[project1dev] Re: massive wiki update

  • From: katie cook <ktmcook@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 11:37:04 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry Alan, I have been sick with strep throat for a few days now. But I am
ready to try and see about importing/exporting models out of Maya into
Milkeshape. That should be a quick tooling around.I am planning on working on
that tonight. I was going to find out what stuff you guys need and see how I
can help.

Can you let me know what you guys need for models, etc. and I can figure out
what I can work on? I am going to assume that I can get something worked out
for getting models into Milkshape.

Thanks Alan,

Katie

From: Alan Wolfe
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 16:24:47 -0700
To: <project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

well, i dont think that would help...

it's a wiki, its meant to hold data like this.

it should be enough on it's own :P

it's even searchable

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 4:22 PM, Nick Klotz <roracsenshi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

haha, I don't need as ANOTHER place to put ideas, but rather, a physical
representation of the logical build on how to organize. Sometimes it's better
to see... kinda like building a flow chart (:

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

no, it wont help, the last thing we need is another place to put ideas!!! :P

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Nick Klotz <roracsenshi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I wonder if I can still program a small database or build a logical construct
of data organization with the software on my computer to help organize stuff.
hm

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 6:19 PM, Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Plus, I'm not really sure how to organize it

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 4:18 PM, Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I totally agree with you but the information was tossed around so randomly i
just collected it first. The second pass will be to minimize and make sense of
the crap that's up there. My end goal is to have it for quick reference on our
ideas

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 4:16 PM, Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I havent checked it out yet, but i'd say we want to keep information on the
wiki minimal.

Too much crap up there and it will be too hard to figure out what is what.

Like instead of putting up whole convos just put up the conclusion.

like...

Handling Death
1) When an npc dies, they can be recovered from any spirit node and are still
injured
2) When all npc's and the player are dead, it loads the last save game
3) When you visit spirit nodes it does an auto-save so if you die you'll be
taken back to the last spirit node you visited at very least.

Have that instead of the millions of lines of conversation it took to get us
there :P

less is more deffinately here, we want info to be short, concise, and easy to
find and understand (:

On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 4:06 PM, Kent Petersen <kentkmp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ok, I went through all of my emails and compiled everything and posted it on
the wiki. It's very disorganized and mostly copy n paste quotes. I hope Eric
will go through most of what he said and clean it up. I'm hoping that everyone
will update the wiki with stuff they think is important as we go so there won't
need to be a massive update again. Anyone is welcome to move around any info as
they see fit. My organizational system is inconsistant and hard to follow. Plus
this is the first wiki I've ever tried to make. Feedback and criticizm is
welcome